Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Where do I go from here?

We all talk a lot about our purpose in life and what we are suppose to do. But, how many of us actually do what we think our purpose is? The sad truth not a lot. So many of us start out with good intentions but we get stuck along the way. Yes we want to fulfill our purposes in life but going where God wants you to go and fulfilling what he wants you to filfull is super hard and it is so much easier to do some of it find a comfortable spot and them just stay there. 

Recently I have been stuck in the complacency of being in a comfortable spot. Not doing anything out of the will of God but not working toward the goals and purposes God has for me. It was a hard awakening realizing that I was no longer moving forward. It wasn't even something someone else could have told me. It was all internal complacency with where I am at now. It wasn't until I came face to face with my passion in the fo of an African children's choir this last weekend that I realized anything had changed. 

As some of you may know my passion is for the children who are alone. The ones who need love because there is no one else there to love them.  Don't let me get started on talking about them because I will cry. Long term my goal is to open a coffee shop that I will use the proceeds to support organizations internationally who are helping those children. 

Sitting there listening to those children whom had most one or both of their parents and literally had nothing. Rebroke for heart for them. They had so much joy and enthusiasm for life and Jesus that I wish so much that I had. They had gone hungry and had gone through such terrible things yet they can talk about how they know the God of the universe loves them. It is so beautiful that it brings me to tears just to think about it. 

So now that I aware of my problem of complacency I can fix it. I must learn what it takes to keep my heart broken for these children as I work my way down my path to someday having a coffee shop to help out. In prayerful consideration of what I should be doing a few things came to mind of how I can keep my heart open for my passion (They may differ depending on what your passion is). 1) Pray. Pray for whatever area you want to be in. Pray for areas that you aren't involved in but are connecting with your passion. Pray for the people you will be connected with (especially the people you don't know yet). 2) Give. Yes I am broke but even I can sponsor a child for $40 a month (if you want to sponsor a child but don't know how shoot me an email I have list of some favorites). Yes it sounds lame but you never know how much sponsoring a child can do for that child. It will also help keep you aware of the need around the world. It is also super cool to receive letters from your child. 3) Discuss. How are you going to be able to make connections or get to know people when you don't know what their passions are and they don't know yours? What if one of your friends had a God inspired idea for you but you never found out because you never talked about anything deep like the future? Also if you start discussing what you want to do now it is so much easier to discuss it when you are actually out there doing what you love. 5) Donate. Yes I said give already but that is more directly related my passion. By donate I mean give to groups that are doing what you want to do. It gets you familiarized with other organizations in the area to are going into as well as be getting connected with these groups you will most likely get news letters and info about what is going on in those organizations. 6) Read. My last point read, read the Bible (helpful for everything), read books and biographys about people who have done and topics related to what you want to go into. Such  as if you want to go into missions in Asia you are probably going to want to read any memoirs from missionaries who have been. Or books on learning the language. 

Remember the passion God has put inside of you. He put it there for a reason use it to your advantage. God loves you and wants to see you succeed. 

Religion that is pure and undefined before God the father is this: take care of the widows and orphans in their affection, and keep ones self unstained from the world. -James 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment